Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Soon we won't be here any more

Our 4 year old granddaughter came and stood next to me at my recent birthday dinner. She sidled up to me and quietly informed me "Nanu, soon we won't be here any more." It was a comfort to me to know that she understood what was to come. Yes, indeedy, this batch of Americans are packing up, and getting ready to return to the U.S.

This American in particular is trying to play as much music and savor as many minutes with my Tassie friends as possible in the less than 2 weeks that are left. So, needless to say, I just can't find the time to post on my blogs or edit recordings. I've been recording like crazy and have a pile of good stuff. But, I'll have to wait until I get a little more settled before I can sort it all out.

Tomorrow, another music-full day is planned. A trad Tassie tune session in the early afternoon at a comfy cafe in South Hobart. Later in the afternoon, an mixed session at the New Sydney Hotel, the best pub this side of Dublin. A contra dance in the evening with the Hobart Old Time Stringband. I'd better get my beauty rest tonight! Oh, and all of that happens after we do one more garage sale in the morning.

I'll back back posting here as soon as I can set up my little Mac and external hard drive with 200 Gig of field recordings. Right now, I have to sell off some more stuff and get ready for our send off party on Sunday. And, perhaps, I should find a few more hankies to get me through these goodbyes.

No comments: