Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bits and pieces

I've updated the tune list a little bit. Mostly I took a good look at the modal section. I'm still working on understanding the modes better. I mean I have the intellectual concept comfortably. But, now I'm learning some clawhammer banjo. That gets me to thinking about how the fiddle and banjo are different and the same. So, sawmill tuning is not necessarily modal. I suspect it's modal for particular keys. Well, like I said, I'm still working on it. Suggestions welcome.

Tech note: I've discovered what may be a confusing path to my regular links on the right side of the page. If you hit the page via the home url, you'll see some standard links on the right. However, if you come via a link to a particular post, then those standard links are not visible. If you'd like to be sure you're getting the complete and current view, click on the blog name "Fiddle Jammer" at the top of the page above and that will open the home page.

As always, let me know if you have questions. I got a great note the other day from a reader who suspected some of my music files were missing. Yes, indeedy, they sure were. I either fat fingered them, or inadvertently put my elbow on the delete key. I'd hate to think that the site is hackable. If anyone knows more about that, please get in touch with me. Anyway, it's nice to know that it was noticed and now should be running smoothly.

And, to finish off with another train of thought, "Hello" to recent visitors. I've seen hits from Tunisia, Brunei, Europe, Japan, Thailand, and of course, Australia, the US, and Canada. Nice to know you're stopping by.

No comments: