Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Just watch October fly by

Going to get out and spread the jamming gospel in the next few weeks.

Old Songs instrument classes are getting started next week. My third time around leading the How To Jam group starts on Wednesday Oct 2nd. Register early and often so we're sure to get enough of a good mix in the group. We're giving it an earlier start (5:45pm) this time around. Have to because I've got the new Dance Tune Repertoire and Aussie Bush Band Make-Your-Own-Music nights starting around the end time on some of those Wednesdays. I'm thrilled to be so busy at Old Songs. Check out their webpages for details and descriptions.

A little further on the horizon, I return to Fiddle Hell for some old time fiddle workshops and jamming. A nicely eclectic event, covering lots of different styles and techniques. This year, a contra dance at the Scout House as well. That's the weekend of November 8th, 9th, and 10th. Come join us near Boston and feel the heat. I'll have my xtra large long sleeve yellow fluro JAM? tee's for sale.

Weekends, I get to go have fun with the Shoe String Band. A big barn dance, 2 weddings, and our regular 3rd Sunday Tuthilltown Distillery gig. Come tour, sample, and listen to some good old time stringband music.

I can hear November rushing at me.




No comments: